The Complete Fall
Wedding Idea Guide
Fall is a great time to have a wedding, and choosing a fall
wedding idea can be a lot of fun. In many parts of the country the
bright colors of fall foliage offer the perfect backdrop for your
Listed below are some ideas to get you started with your planning.
There is a lot of information here, so you may want to bookmark this
page so you can easily return in the future.
Any outdoor location can be the perfect option for a fall wedding idea.
These include tented affairs on estates and vineyards
Inns and Bed and Breakfasts, barns and any other location that allows
you to enjoy the foliage that fall brings.
Indoor locations can also work well of course. Any type of hall or
other reception space can be decorated to match your other fall wedding
Even if you are getting married indoors, you may want to still have
photos taken outdoors surrounded by the seasonal foliage. Look for
outdoor spots at your reception space, or look for nearby parks that
you can stop by on the way to the reception.
Starting with fall
or autumn themed
, you have the opportunity to introduce
your wedding theme to your guests. Look for invitations that have fall
designs, leaves, harvest and foliage colors.
Another example is vineyard
, which ties in a vineyard or winery
Fall wedding programs
let your wedding guests know what to expect during your autumn wedding
ceremony. Try to match them with your invitations and the rest of your
wedding day colors and decorations.
Having your wedding
outside is definitely an option for a fall wedding
idea. Exchange your vows in a garden
under a wedding
for a festive autumn ceremony.
Fall Theme Ideas
Apple & Pear Theme
Fall Leaves Theme
- Decorate your reception with deep reds, oranges and auburns
to match the colors of the fall season.
- Candy apples are a fun way to tie a childhood favorite into
your wedding. The candy apples of today are not the boring ones you
might have had as a kid.
Candy apples can be used to hold seating cards which can double as
favors. You could also put several in the middle of the reception
tables as part of your centerpieces.
- Have your florist use red or green apples and pears in your
- Apple martinis make an excellent signature drink for your
- Carry the theme into your invitations, programs and thank
you cards by choosing designs that include apples.
- Gather a few trash bags full of leaves of all different
colors, and use them to cover the aisle where you will be walking
during the ceremony. This works great for outdoor weddings, and some
churches may allow this as well.
You can also use the colorful leaves as part of the centerpieces on the
- For the invitations and programs, choose leaf themes. Many
designers also have paper that is shaped like a leaf that they use for
invitations and programs.
- Gold dipped leaves make an elegant wedding favor that is
perfect for the fall season.
- Instead of a traditional guest book, have a tree (either
real or wire) available along with paper leaves and pens. Guests can
write their well wishes on the leaves and hang them on the branches.
- Have a tented fall wedding idea wedding at a vineyard or winery. Many
vineyards have Inns or areas for tents, and you can usually get a great
deal on their wine.
- Create custom labeled wines for your wedding party and
guests. There are other wine related wedding favors to choose from
including corkscrews and wine charms.
- Corks can be used as place card holders.
- Have your florist use extra large wine glasses instead of
vases for your centerpieces.
- Put several of your favorite wine choices on the tables for
- Have the caterer pair wine with each course of the
- For more ideas visit vineyard wedding theme
- Use small, relief carved pumpkins with table numbers as
centerpieces along with seasonal flowers. Or, use jack-o-lanterns as
your centerpieces lit up with candles.
You can also put larger jack-o-lanterns on the seating card table so
guests see them as they enter the reception.
- Gourds are another fall season favorite for centerpieces
and other decorations. They look great with leaves and other fall
- Tie pumpkin into your menu by offering pumpkin soup and
pumpkin pie as dessert.
- Small carved pumpkins can also be used as favors with a
pumpkin spiced candle.
- As with the other fall themes, tie pumpkins into your invitations and programs.
There are many great fall
to choose from for your wedding. Options
include hydrangea, chrysanthemum and different shades of rose among
wedding flowers also work really well in autumn.
can be used to brighten up your ceremony,
reception and all aspects of your wedding day.
Autumn offers many great flowers and accent items that can be used in
centerpieces. Visit fall
to see photos and get ideas.
Sunset Mix Rose Petals
Your fall wedding cake
is an area of your fall wedding idea planning that you can have some
fun. Use accent items on your cake like fall leaves and flowers.
You can also change it up a little and go with a fall cake flavor, like
spice or pumpkin, and you can top it off with a fall wedding cake
To see photos of fall cakes visit fall autumn wedding cake
is a must visit if you are having a fall Halloween
There are some great options for fall wedding favors. Visit autumn wedding favor