9 Tips For A
Great Wedding Speech
A wedding speech is your chance to stand up and pay tribute to
the bride and groom. For many people standing in front of large groups
brings on anxiety and fear. Don't worry! With some preparation and a
few techniques, giving a speech is a snap.
Here are 9 tips:
1) Relax! You are among family and friends, and they want you to do
your best. They are on your side.
2) Be prepared, and you will ease your anxiety. Bring note cards for
backup in case you momentarily lose your place.
3) Practice makes perfect. The more you practice, the more confident
you will be when you are in the spotlight.
4) Visualize your success. Get a mental image of you standing in front
of everyone and delivering a moving speech.
5) Adding humor helps break the ice. It also helps make your
6) Do not embarrass the newlyweds. Humor is good, but now is not the
time to bring up unmentionable activities from college.
7) Be sincere. Talk from the heart.
8) Look people in the eye. Don't stare at your note cards. Look around
the room, and get people's attention.
9) Always keep your Champagne or drink close by for the toast at the
In addition to the tips above, below you will find speech
guides and resources to help you.
Best Man Speech
Maid of Honor
Funny Speech Ideas
Irish Wedding Toasts
speeches and free sample speeches for all occasions - helping
you to find-the -words to say it best!