Sultry Summer Wedding
There are a few benefits in going with a summer wedding idea.
First, there is a better chance that the weather will be nice than
other times of the year. Second, you have more options for wedding
locations, including tented weddings and other outdoor venues.
Lastly, it will be easier for out of town guests that need to travel to
attend your wedding.
The first thing to check off of your list when selecting a summer
wedding idea is air conditioning if your wedding reception will be
indoors. The last thing you want to happen is for guests to be
uncomfortable and sweating at your wedding.
Tented weddings are a little different, but rental companies should be
able to provide fans
and air conditioning.
The next step is to come up with a sizzling summer wedding idea. Here
are a few hints to get you started:
Big Apple Wedding Theme
This one is perfect for the bride and groom that are in love with New
York City. However, this same concept could be carried out for any
Although this theme idea could be executed in any season, we think it
fits best as a late summer wedding idea.
- Instead of numbering the tables at the reception, name each
table a section of New York City. Examples include SOHO, East Village,
Upper East Side, etc.
- On the tables, have bowls of green or red apples as your
- For seating cards, take an apple and tie a paper leaf to it
that has your guests name and table on it.
- Add an Apple martini as a signature drink at the reception.
- Find small figures or ornaments of New York City landmarks
to give away as favors.
- Many invitation designers offer New York City designs.
Circus Wedding Theme
This is a fun wedding theme and one of the most unique that we have
- A tented affair is the perfect location for a circus
- Hire a fire-eater and stilt walker to create a circus
atmosphere. An upscale clown might also be an option for entertaining
the kids (and select adults) in attendance.
- Build or rent booths for games like ring toss, balloon
darts and other games you would typically see at a circus or carnival.
- Rent a popcorn or cotton candy machine.
- Have old fashioned cigarette girls dress up and walk around
giving out candy cigarettes and chocolate cigars (or the real thing if
you have a smoking crowd) along with other novelty candy.
- Instead of or in addition to the typical wedding cake,
serve small, retro novelty desserts.
- Find a rental company that has an old photo booth, like the
ones you sat in as a kid at the mall. Have the guests take photos of
themselves and have them put the photos into a guestbook that they can
- Finish the night off with a fireworks display.
Moss & River Pebble Wedding Theme
- At the reception, place lanterns in the center of the tables
surrounded by moss. Scatter river pebbles on the tables along with
- For place cards, find larger river pebbles, and paint your guests
names on them along with their table number. Place them on a table at
the front of the reception, and decorate the table with moss, votive
candles and a water display.
- Find invitations and thank you cards that fit in with the theme.
Sunflower Wedding Theme
Sunflowers are a great summer wedding idea for a late summer wedding.
Visit Sunflower Wedding Theme
for more ideas.
Butterfly Wedding Theme
Butterflies are a true sign of summer, so why not use them as your wedding theme?
Visit Butterfly Wedding Themes
for hints and tips.