Your Questions Answered
About Honeymoon Cruises
There are many options when planning your honeymoon, and
honeymoon cruises can be a fun alternative. Cruises
offer something for everyone, from activity filled days to relaxing on
There are many different types and locations to choose from. To help
you sort everything out, we listed four common questions below with
answers and information.
As with any type of travel, be sure to read reviews and research the
ships you are considering. Feel free to contact us if you have
Cruise on your Honeymoon
Why Honeymoon Cruises?
Cruises offer a unique way to spend your honeymoon. Here is a list of
why you should consider one:
- Visit several locations instead of just one. Cruises
typically stop at three or more ports giving you several mini trips
along the way.
- They are easy on the budget. All-inclusive packages
typically include accommodations, dining options, entertainment and
more. Alcohol and spa treatments are usually not included.
- Plenty of activities. If you are looking for a little
adventure, you will find many options including day trips, water sports
and fun onboard activities.
- No shortage of romance. Cruising is one of the most
romantic things you will ever do as a couple. Moonlit walks on the deck
and first class accommodations help to set the mood
- Easy and Convenient. If you live near the coast, chances
are you can drive to board your cruise. Avoiding airline travel saves
money and the potential hassles that come with it.
What Type of Cruise Is Right For Us?
Whether you want an active or calming experience, cruises have it
covered. Here are some ideas:
- Kid or no kids? If you don't want to be around a lot of
children, avoid cruise lines like Disney and other ships that cater to
- Activities are a big part of many ships. If you want an
active honeymoon, this should be an area that you research. Make sure
the ship you choose has enough activities to keep you interested.
- Many locations. Popular cruise locations include the
Caribbean, Mexico, Alaska, Europe and Hawaii. Longer cruises usually
make more port stops and allow you to take more excursions.
- Dining options. Most ships have several restaurants. Things
to look for are the number of restaurants and bars, extra charges for
some restaurants and how many meals that your package includes.
How Should We book Our Cruise?
Packages for Honeymoon cruises are typically offered by most travel
agents. If you tell them the type of cruise you are looking for, they
will be able to give you several options to choose from.
Booking a cruise on your own is easy with the help of the Internet. Any
of the major travel websites run specials throughout the year, and
there are many cruise-specific websites that offer reviews.
If you decide to book on your own make sure you do enough research to
make an educated decision on your chosen cruise line, accommodations
and dining packages.
What Else Should We Know About Cruises?
Here are some additional tips to make your experience the best it can
- Combine your cruise with a land trip. For example, book a 5
night cruise out of Miami and spend 2 additional nights before or after
at a beach resort.
- Book excursions online prior to leaving for your cruise.
This can save you money and time.
- Last minute bookings can save you considerably. If you
aren't that daring, try to book at least six months in advance to get
the best deal.
- Don't forget to tell them you are newlyweds! You will get
special treatment, so take advantage of it.
- If you are big drinkers, watch your alcohol budget. This
can really add up if you aren't careful.
- Don't forget your passport. You will need it to get on the
ship and for excursions.
- Trip insurance is not a bad idea, especially if you are
going anywhere near hurricane season.
- If you are going to splurge at all, go for the ocean view
cabin. They are typically nicer rooms, and waking up to a sunrise over
the ocean is definitely worth it!
More Cruise Resources
- Spend your honeymoon on pink sand beaches.