Travel For An Out Of State Wedding

by Debbi
(Ocean, NJ)

I'm in a wedding party, and the wedding is taking place out of state.

Who pays for my travel and room, and do I give a gift on top of all my expenses?

Our Thoughts

There are some couples that offer to pay for the travel expenses of their bridal party, and there are also many that just don’t have the budget to do so. The best thing to do in this case is to talk to the bride and/or groom.

If you are going to spend a considerable amount on travel expenses for the wedding, they should not expect a gift from you. Simply explain that you are not able to afford buying a really nice gift on top of paying for your travel.

If you are close enough to be in their wedding, they should understand your situation. You can, however, still give a nice card and possibly something small and meaningful as a gift.

To Your Wedding!
Danielle & Stephen

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Ask The Wedding Planner.