A Thoughtful Wedding
Gift For Parents
A wedding gift for parents is a way for you to say thank you
on your big day. Even if your parents are not paying for the wedding,
they have already done a lot for you during your life.
We hope to give you a few ideas as to what you can give to say
, but as with any type of wedding gift don't feel
you have to work within any rules.
- Many couples give a wedding album
as a wedding gift for
parents. Choose photos that you think they would like, and put them in
a nice album.
- A digital picture frame
(below) is a nice, sentimental
gift. Load it with your favorite photos from over the years.
- You can't go wrong with sending your parents on a trip
at their favorite beach resort, or even a weekend at a bed and
breakfast. There are many travel websites that offer great deals on all
types of travel, or check with a local travel agent.
- If Dad is into golf, buy him a round or two at his favorite
golf course. Or, get him those new golf clubs
he has had his eye on for
- A spa day is a nice way to
say thank you. This can be
combined with Dad's round of golf for Mom, or you could get them a
- Jewelry is an option that is
usually well received. A
necklace or earrings for Mom, and a watch or cuff links for Dad will be
something that they can wear long after the wedding.
- If your parents are into collectables like art, sports
memorabilia or antiques, consider giving them an item to
add to their
- There are several sentimental gifts
that you could give
your parents. A poem that you write mounted with your childhood photos
is sure to bring a tear to their eye. There are a few things that can
be personalized with your heart-felt message like handkerchiefs and
- If Dad is a cigar smoker, a nice box of premium cigars with
a bottle of his favorite Scotch would be a great gift. Wine
can also be
a great gift for both parents.
- A day of shopping for Mom can
be fun for both of you. Take
her to her favorite shopping places, and finish the day with lunch or
- If Dad is the practical type, consider giving him a tool
for his workshop or shed. While it may seem boring to you, many Dad's
would be thrilled to receive this type of gift.